From: Philippe Namias <pn@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] portage-1.5_pre7
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 03:40:03
1 Hi all,
2
3 Just for telling that i just emerge during all the weekend and nearly install
4 all the package using emerge. So far with no problem.
5
6 But i have a few question :
7
8 Why after merging a packages we leave data in /tmp/portage/package_name ?
9
10 Is it normal that i can do emerge packgae_name as many time that i want ?
11
12 For example if i run it twice emerge on gtk-xemacs i run into trouble telling
13 me xemacs can't find the root for data, lib. The only that i found to restore
14 gtk-xemacs is to erase the directory /var/db/packages/apps-editor/gtk-xemacs
15 and also /tmp/portage/gtk-xemacs? Any idea?
16
17 Thanks
18 Philippe Namias