From: Vincent Launchbury <vincent@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Remove cups from default profile to solve circular deps
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 23:57:08
1 On 03/04/10 12:53, Ben de Groot wrote:
2 > Exactly. The last time I owned a printer is over 5 years ago. So I don't
3 > think cups warrants to be in the standard desktop profile.
4 >
5 > Cheers,
6
7 I print almost daily, but I'm not sure if printers are commonplace
8 enough for cups to be a default. Some users may expect it though.
9
10 As for the circular deps, it would seem more logical to fix the problem
11 at the source, rather than to cover it up for one subset of users.