From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Remove cups from default profile to solve circular deps
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 00:07:31
1 chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:
2 > On 03/04/10 12:53, Ben de Groot wrote:
3 >> Exactly. The last time I owned a printer is over 5 years ago. So I don't
4 >> think cups warrants to be in the standard desktop profile.
5 >>
6 >> Cheers,
7 >
8 > I print almost daily, but I'm not sure if printers are commonplace
9 > enough for cups to be a default. Some users may expect it though.
10 >
11 > As for the circular deps, it would seem more logical to fix the
12 > problem at the source, rather than to cover it up for one subset of
13 > users.
16 I can't think of anyone that doesn't have a printer. All my friends and
17 family that has a computer has a printer. Heck, I had a printer hooked
18 up to my old Vic-20 for goodness sake. That was over 20 years ago.
19
20 He wants to remove the USE flag so that it hides the fact it is not
21 really fixed. If a person does their install as they should, the
22 problem will be right there for them to deal with. Of course, the user
23 will the one getting pointed at since they added the flag. It takes the
24 problem off the people that created it and adds it to the user. That is
25 not how it should be fixed.
26
27 Dale
28