From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 2.6.17 kernel stabilisation plan
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 12:02:59
1 On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 12:25 +0200, Lars Weiler wrote:
2 > * Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o> [06/06/20 18:12 +0100]:
3 > > I'm hoping to be able to mark 2.6.17 stable on or around July 11th. I'll give
4 > > around a weeks notice here when that is to happen. Hopefully we'll use this for
5 > > the 2006.1 release too.
6 >
7 > Would be great when ppc can profit from that kernel in the
8 > 2006.1-release. Especially the bcm43xx driver is very
9 > important for our Laptop users.
10
11 Start testing 2.6.17 in your builds now, then.
14 > > Testing of 2.6.17 is very much appreciated, please also file bugs against
15 > > problems you have with the kernel itself :)
16 >
17 > I had problems with genkernel and 2.6.16 on ppc. I need to
18 > test and fix the build of the initramfs.
19
20 Umm... Come hang out in #gentoo-releng again and you'll see that we have
21 a (masked) genkernel in the tree that solves all of these headaches.
22
23 I know, because I've been building on ppc for the past few weeks making
24 sure all of this worked so you wouldn't have trouble once we started the
25 release. Unless you mean Pegasos, which is busted on 2.6.16, genkernel
26 or not, and I've spoken with JoseJX about that one already and he's
27 aware of it. I need to get back with him to see if he (or anyone else)
28 has come up with anything.
31 Chris Gianelloni
32 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
33 x86 Architecture Team