From: Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 2.6.17 kernel stabilisation plan
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:36:22
1 * Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> [06/06/21 08:55 -0400]:
2 > Start testing 2.6.17 in your builds now, then.
3
4 I already do.
5
6 > Umm... Come hang out in #gentoo-releng again and you'll see that we have
7 > a (masked) genkernel in the tree that solves all of these headaches.
8
9 Sorry, I had some network-troubles during the last days and
10 no time for IRC as well. But now I'm back with a different
11 setup. Should work.
12
13 > I know, because I've been building on ppc for the past few weeks making
14 > sure all of this worked so you wouldn't have trouble once we started the
15 > release. Unless you mean Pegasos, which is busted on 2.6.16, genkernel
16 > or not, and I've spoken with JoseJX about that one already and he's
17 > aware of it. I need to get back with him to see if he (or anyone else)
18 > has come up with anything.
19
20 The Pegasos is the only working PPC-machine I currently own
21 (beside the RS/6000 wherefore I first need to build some
22 install-media). I will also look into the issue.
23
24 Regards, Lars
27 Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o> +49-171-1963258
28 Gentoo Linux PowerPC : Strategical Lead and Release Engineer
29 Gentoo Infrastructure : CVS Administrator
30 Gentoo Foundation : Trustee