From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 2.6.17 kernel stabilisation plan
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 18:03:09
1 On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 19:30 +0200, Lars Weiler wrote:
2 > > I know, because I've been building on ppc for the past few weeks making
3 > > sure all of this worked so you wouldn't have trouble once we started the
4 > > release. Unless you mean Pegasos, which is busted on 2.6.16, genkernel
5 > > or not, and I've spoken with JoseJX about that one already and he's
6 > > aware of it. I need to get back with him to see if he (or anyone else)
7 > > has come up with anything.
8 >
9 > The Pegasos is the only working PPC-machine I currently own
10 > (beside the RS/6000 wherefore I first need to build some
11 > install-media). I will also look into the issue.
12
13 Yeah, 2.6.16 works fine on the Macs, using the older kernel configs, but
14 the Pegasos doesn't. Just making sure you're aware.
17 Chris Gianelloni
18 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
19 x86 Architecture Team
20 Games - Developer