From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Arches marking ebuilds stable before maintainer
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 00:12:36
1 On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 00:48 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > My *only* concern in this is that someone who does not develop for or
3 > even use a non-x86 arch is going around interfering in issues in which
4 > he has no experience. When you have used our trees, and have an
5 > understanding of the issues involved in a non-x86 port, please feel free
6 > to bring your backed-up and justified (based upon *actual* experience,
7 > not unfounded conjecture) views to our attention, and I guarantee that
8 > they will be discussed based solely upon their merits. Until then,
9 > kindly stay out of the way and let us do our jobs.
10
11 This is _not_ an arch specific issue, this is something that affects the
12 quality of Gentoo overall. QA has enough merit in itself, but besides
13 that it is based upon actual experience of things going wrong.
14
15 - foser