From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Packages that explicitly DEPEND on sys-apps/sed
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 17:40:47
1 On Saturday, June 18, 2011 02:26:56 Jeroen Roovers wrote:
2 > OK, right, so where are we heading with this? sys-apps/sed is in system
3 > and it's bound to be >=sed-4 and we're sticking with it. So are we
4 > going to get rid of it in all the ebuilds that still set that dep?
5
6 for the packages that just depend on raw sed, it should most likely be
7 dropped. for those depending on a newer version, they're probably doing it
8 because they dont work with an older one, and those cant be dropped until our
9 system set forces a new enough sed. the base profile only requires "sys-
10 apps/sed" atm, so that'd probably need updating to read ">=sys-apps/sed-4".
11 -mike