From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] net-libs/xulrunner-1.9 slotting or not?
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 06:30:37
1 Raúl Porcel wrote:
2 > Xulrunner-1.9 is a big change, and the apps using it won't work until
3 > they are fixed. So this needs to be decided, i've been working on
4 > slotting xulrunner, and i'm ready to put it in the tree. However i'd
5 > like to see what developers(since they will be the ones who will have to
6 > deal with this) and users prefer. Even if an app is compatible with
7 > xulrunner-1.9, it will have to be patched if we slot xulrunner. Since
8 > the pkgconfig files for xulrunner-1.9 are renamed to avoid collisions
9 > with current xulrunner-1.8.
10 > The other approach would be not slotting it, p.mask xulrunner-1.9 and
11 > wait until all the packages work against it and then unmask.
12
13 Given the number of applications I'd rather have them fixed with the
14 patches pushed to respective upstreams if we got there first.
15
16 lu
20 Luca Barbato
21 Gentoo Council Member