From: James Cloos <cloos@×××××××.com>
To: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: new "qt" category
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 17:14:26
1 >>>>> "BdG" == Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> writes:
2
3 BdG> After some initial bikeshedding we came to the conclusion that naming
4 BdG> the category simply "qt" is the most elegant solution. We will then
5 BdG> also be dropping the qt- prefix in package names. This means
6 BdG> x11-libs/qt-core will be moved to qt/core, and so on.
7
8 Please don't.
9
10 Every current category matches /^[a-z]+-[a-z]+$/. With the possible
11 exception of adding moving from [a-z]+ to [a-z0-9]+, that shoud remain.
12
13 Only non-category directories under /usr/portage should lack a hyphen.
14
15 -JimC
16 --
17 James Cloos <cloos@×××××××.com> OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6