From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-kernel] Proper distribution integration of kernel *-sources, patches and configuration.
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 19:25:52
1 On Mon, 1 Jul 2013 14:09:57 -0500
2 Matthew Summers <quantumsummers@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I think the point was well-made by grehkh.
5
6 You missed my response to that point.
7
8 > If the patchset patches the kernel's core, it doesn't matter what
9 > CONFIG_* option is set the core kernel code _has_now_been_changed_.
10 > This is the crux of the argument, I believe. AUFS simply being one
11 > example of this. I'm sure there are others.
12
13 As per my response to that point, this statement is no longer true.
14
15 Let me re-iterate it here:
16
17 Earlier I mentioned "3) The patch should not affect the build by
18 default."; if it does, we have to adjust it to not do that, this is
19 something that can be easily scripted. It's just a matter of embedding
20 each + block in the diff with a config check and updating the counts.
23 With kind regards,
24
25 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
26 Gentoo Developer
27
28 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
29 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
30 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D