From: Timothy Redaelli <drizzt@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] custom-cflags global USE
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:31:40
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 14:32:56 +0100 Timothy Redaelli <drizzt@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | What do you think about custom-cflags global USE?
5 >
6 > I think it encourages policy violations.
7 >
8 > http://devmanual.gentoo.org/general-concepts/user-environment/index.html
9
10 I know the policy, but sometimes upstream does not want user CFLAGS,
11 zsnes developers will remove support for Gentoo hosts from their bug
12 reports if i remove custom-cflags use and also mplayer.
13
14 Since some exceptions exists, i think we can globalize the USE without
15 any problem (with local USE the problem is the same, anyone can create a
16 port with custom-cflags local USE)
19 Timothy `Drizzt` Redaelli - http://dev.gentoo.org/~drizzt/
20 FreeSBIE Developer, Gentoo Developer, GUFI Staff
21 There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
22 We don't believe this to be a coincidence. -- Jeremy S. Anderson