From: Danny van Dyk <kugelfang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] custom-cflags global USE
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:51:37
1 Am Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2007 18:25 schrieb Timothy Redaelli:
2 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 > > On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 14:32:56 +0100 Timothy Redaelli
4 > > <drizzt@g.o>
5 > >
6 > > wrote:
7 > > | What do you think about custom-cflags global USE?
8 > >
9 > > I think it encourages policy violations.
10 > >
11 > > http://devmanual.gentoo.org/general-concepts/user-environment/index
12 > >.html
13 >
14 > I know the policy, but sometimes upstream does not want user CFLAGS,
15 > zsnes developers will remove support for Gentoo hosts from their bug
16 > reports if i remove custom-cflags use and also mplayer.
17
18 What about making custom-cflags default in the base profile?
19
20 Danny
21 --
22 Danny van Dyk <kugelfang@g.o>
23 Gentoo/AMD64 Project, Gentoo Scientific Project
24 --
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list