From: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Ideas for a (fast) EAPI=3
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 08:39:47
1 Hi,
2
3 Tiziano Müller <dev-zero@g.o>:
4 > With eapis 1 and 2 we introduced nice features but also a couple of
5 > new problems. One of them are the use dependencies when the package
6 > you depend on doesn't have the use flag anymore (see [1] for an
7 > example).
8
9 I don't know if there is a bug somewhere (I did not find one), but
10 what about having the possibility to ask for one out many USE flags of
11 a dependency. For example app-misc/gramps needs dev-lang/python with
12 USE=berkdb or USE=sqlite, but Portage won't tell the user that he can
13 enable one but always asks for the first in the || () string.
14
15 V-Li
18 Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
19 <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode
20
21 <URL:http://www.faulhammer.org/>