From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Ideas for a (fast) EAPI=3
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 09:01:18
1 2009/3/9 Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>:
2 >
3 >  I don't know if there is a bug somewhere (I did not find one), but
4 > what about having the possibility to ask for one out many USE flags of
5 > a dependency.  For example app-misc/gramps needs dev-lang/python with
6 > USE=berkdb or USE=sqlite, but Portage won't tell the user that he can
7 > enable one but always asks for the first in the || () string.
10 || ( dev-lang/python[berkdb] dev-lang/python[sqlite] )
11
12 I had a similar case recently and detected another problem if you try
13 to switch from one possibility to the other.
14
15 Say you have python with berkdb compiled to satisfy the dependency and
16 then set "dev-lang/python -berkdb sqlite" in package.use. After this
17 world dependency calculation will fail.
18
19 The only way I found to get around this is to recompile python with
20 the new use flags first. Afterwards dependency calculation succeeds.
23 Regards,
24 Daniel