From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Michael <themixa@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] LXDE project
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 12:17:04
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 I recently got interested in LXDE[1], the Lightweight X11 Desktop
4 Environment, and I would like to see this available in portage. At the
5 moment there are, to my knowledge, 3 overlays maintained by users that
6 include ebuilds for lxde. I think it is time to combine efforts and get
7 these packages into the official tree.
8
9 I have therefor created an LXDE project page[2] under the Desktop
10 top-level project. My idea is to initially start an official overlay and
11 develop the needed packages in there. I am actively encouraging users to
12 participate in development and maintenance, and of course I am extending
13 the invitation to any Gentoo developers who would like to join. I don't
14 want to spread myself too thin, and having more experienced developers
15 involved with the project would be a good thing.
16
17 Any constructive feedback is welcome!
18
19 [1] http://lxde.org/about.html
20 [2] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/lxde/
21