From: Ryan Breen <ryan@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] potential update world bug
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 20:08:46
1 Greetings,
2
3 I've been using Gentoo for the last several months, and I've noticed for the
4 last month that 'emerge update world' after an 'emerge --clean rsync' never
5 yields any updates. I currently have 75 packages in my /var/cache/edb/world
6 file, and I have verified several occasions where rsync has noted an update
7 to one of the packages that is not handled by an 'update world'.
8
9 I have also verified that the packages were not masked and
10 /etc/make.conf/profiles looked like it was setup properly for those packages.
11 Manual calls to update those packages work fine. I noticed this with updates
12 to xmms, avifile, pan, and kde (3.0-3.01).
13
14 I've only begun to dig into this problem, but I was wondering if anyone on
15 this list could give me pointers to likely causes, enlightening log files,
16 etc that could trim my debug time.
17
18 Thanks in advance,
19 Ryan