From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] app-cvs
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:56:03
1 On Monday 14 July 2003 15:24, Todd Berman wrote:
2 > Just in general, app-cvs is a 'BAD' idea.
3 >
4 > It defeats the *entire* purpose of what is going on in general.
5 >
6 > However, I fully agree with known good cvs-snapshots being used for
7 > packages in the portage tree, but live cvs ebuilds prevent any sort of
8 > QA in general being done on Gentoo's end. And if you are really wanting
9 > to use cvs, its assumed that you will be updating and recompiling fairly
10 > often, and a live-pull cvs ebuild doesnt really help you.
11 >
12 > In general, baring notable exceptions (gaim-cvs, private live-cvs pull
13 > ebuilds) I dont think live-cvs ebuilds are a good idea at all, and
14 > surely not a sound reason to add a category just for their use.
17 I fully agree with this.
18
19 Paul
22 Paul de Vrieze