From: Troy Dack <troy@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] idea for speeding up the boot process in Gentoo..
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 23:47:09
1 On Fri, 2002-09-06 at 15:14, Miguel Sousa Filipe wrote:
2 <Msnip>
3 > This should not be very dificult to do with the gentoo booting sequence.
4 > Calling the scripts with the '&' in the end of the comman should to the
5 > trick I believe. And shouldn't ever make the boot process longer than a
6 > streamlined one.. (theoretically i guess).
7 > Also all smp machines and users would wellcome such feature.
8 >
9 > My request is... please put this in gentoo 1.4 ... or at least discuss
10 > this, because if there are any second effects or technical dificulties
11 > in implementing it would be nice so see this debated..
14 See http://www.fastboot.org/ for some ideas.
17 Troy Dack
18 http://linuxserver.tkdack.com http://gentoo.tkdack.com