From: Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen <jaervosz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: new project gentoo-extreme-security
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 07:16:22
1 On Monday 22 October 2007 06:04:58 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > On 01:42 Mon 22 Oct , Alexander Gabert wrote:
3 > > this is a request for comments on a new project:
4 > >
5 > > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/extreme-security/
6 This sounds interesting, though the project page is not very specific.
7
8 > I'm curious whether this would be better-placed as a subproject of
9 > either the security or hardened projects. Why do you think it would be
10 > better off independent?
11 The Security Team as it stands now is mostly reactive and not proactive so I
12 don't think it would fit very well as a sub project of security. Hardened is
13 another matter.
16 Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen (Jaervosz)
17 Gentoo Linux Security Team
18 http://security.gentoo.org