From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: Code Review Systems Was: [gentoo-dev] Git Migration: launch plan & schedule
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 15:23:42
1 On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Tobias Klausmann <klausman@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > What I meant is when I get a stabilization bug for
4 > cat-egory/foo-1.2.3 which depends on >=other-cat/bar-1.0.5. The
5 > latter is amd64 but not alpha or ~alpha. And it, in turn, has yet
6 > more deps in the same vein. Now I have several options:
7
8 If bar-1.0.5 isn't alpha or ~alpha, then foo-1.2.3 shouldn't be ~alpha
9 either, and repoman should complain about this for any non-dev/exp
10 arches.
11
12 If it isn't ~alpha to begin with, then it shouldn't be going stable on alpha.
13
14 I do agree that at the first bump that triggers the need to drop alpha
15 keywords (testing or stable) there should be a keyword request
16 submitted to the alpha team to get that sorted out. They could choose
17 at that time to do the testing/keywording/etc to get foo-1.2.3 back
18 onto ~alpha so that it is ready to be stabilized at the right time (or
19 at least with less delay), or they could choose at that time to just
20 leave the keywords off in which case they aren't pestered about
21 stabilization.
24 Rich