From: Tobias Klausmann <klausman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Code Review Systems Was: [gentoo-dev] Git Migration: launch plan & schedule
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 07:44:38
1 Hi!
2
3 On Thu, 09 Jul 2015, Rich Freeman wrote:
4 > On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Tobias Klausmann <klausman@g.o> wrote:
5 > > What I meant is when I get a stabilization bug for
6 > > cat-egory/foo-1.2.3 which depends on >=other-cat/bar-1.0.5. The
7 > > latter is amd64 but not alpha or ~alpha. And it, in turn, has yet
8 > > more deps in the same vein. Now I have several options:
9 >
10 > If bar-1.0.5 isn't alpha or ~alpha, then foo-1.2.3 shouldn't be ~alpha
11 > either, and repoman should complain about this for any non-dev/exp
12 > arches.
13
14 What can I say? Apparently some devs file stabilization bugs
15 without checking these things. I run repoman full before
16 committing anything, so that's where the buck stops.
17
18 > If it isn't ~alpha to begin with, then it shouldn't be going
19 > stable on alpha.
20
21 Ack. Hence my mention of "keyword and soak."
22
23 I am confident that nobody here would argue that "casual
24 stabilization bugs" are okay and the arch teams should just suck
25 it up. But unfortunately, it still happens.
26
27 Regards,
28 Tobias
31 Sent from aboard the Culture ship
32 GCU (River Class) Displacement Activity