From: Larry Lines <larry@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: Resignation
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 17:24:13
1 On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 09:11 -0700, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > Larry Lines wrote:
3 > > On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 08:52 -0700, Alec Warner wrote:
4 > >> As I see it most people have a couple of roads here:
5 > >>
6 > >> You want more information regarding the issue surrounding the suspension
7 > >> of Jakub or you have a problem with the manner in which the issue was
8 > >> handled/executed. You can reach devrel at devrel@g.o and on
10 > >>
11 > >> You disagree with the suspension and want to do something about it.
12 > >> Please contact your local council member at username@g.o, or
13 > >> council@g.o, or gentoo-council@g.o (the last is a mailing
14 > >> list).
15 > >>
16 > >> Note that gentoo-dev@g.o was not mentioned once, since it is for
17 > >> development. I'd love for people to actually read this ML again, which
18 > >> means I get to nag people about taking their issues to the appropriate
19 > >> people.
20 > >>
21 > >> -Alec
22 > >
23 > > I propose a new mailing list called gentoo-dev-flamewars@g.o.
24 > > That way we can just subscribe to the fight or not.
25 > >
26 > > -Larry
29 > See but that joke has been done like 1000 times; my comment was not
30 > meant in jest. The whole point is that people can whine all they want
31 > but no one will actually do anything about it; hence my request to step
32 > up and take action if everyone really cares so much. It's not like we
33 > don't have existing routes to voice issues. It's just that no one uses
34 > them.
35 >
36 > -Alec
37
38 Sorry for the repetition. I wasn't around for the original jokes and I
39 definitely don't want to diminish your message which seems appropriately
40 placed. I am trying to get a sense of how development works in the
41 community, but I spend a lot of time deleting email that has nothing to
42 do with development.
43
44 -Larry
47 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list