From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] my apologies for the mess with this release of MySQL 5.0.16
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 17:32:22
1 Albert Hopkins wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 10:51 -0600, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
3 >>Or you can just unmask it locally and stop whining.
4 >
5 > I think users have a valid reason to be concerned about this, but if
6 > that is the developer's intention (to unmask it locally) then may I
7 > suggest this information be provided somehow to the user? Before now
8 > the only information I got was it was masked because it doesn't work...
9 > even though it has been working, at least for some users, for quite some
10 > time. I'm not trying to whine, just to get the what and whys.
11
12 It's really not the best idea to be using ~arch on a box with important data.
13 And if you are going to be running ~arch, you should really know what it means
14 to do so and how to use it properly. I recommend reading
15 <http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-amd64.xml?part=3&chap=3>. Of
16 course, having done a gentoo install already, you should have already read
17 through the entire handbook and thoroughly understood its contents :P
20 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
21 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
22 --
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list