From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for April
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 18:16:04
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2
3 > On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 12:24:06 -0400
4 > Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
5 >> Well, from what I can gather, he only *thinks* he knows what was going
6 >> on and he's filled in the blanks himself with whatever ideas he's come
7 >> up with on his own. If he really does have the logs, he wouldn't be
8 >> spouting off at the mouth since he would know that there's nothing
9 >> damning in there, at all.
10 >
11 > I know that you and kingtaco threatened to remove a fellow Council
12 > member's access if he didn't go along with you on whatever it was you
13 > were discussing. If there's nothing damning in there, why would you do
14 > such a thing?
15 >
16 >From what I have read so far, it wasn't a question of someone being
17 pressured to "go along with.. whatever it was <they> were discussing" but
18 rather to keep a confidence. Mr Gianelloni is right: if other parties
19 cannot have confidential discussions with Gentoo, it will damage the
20 distribution. As such, it is imo incumbent upon council members to keep
21 such matters (whatever they might be) private.
22
23 He has already stipulated that "all decisions we made were 100% public"
24 and "We do have to have all of our decisions made public, obviously."
25
26 That's transparent enough for me at least. I don't want to be privy to every
27 discussion, and I certainly don't want to know about say aspects of other
28 people's private lives which might affect their work, or even that company
29 X is having confidential talks with gentoo, which might come to nothing. I
30 just want to enjoy the software and the community, and these frankly
31 paranoid ramblings make the dev list much less fun.
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list