From: "James H. Cloos Jr." <cloos@×××××××.com>
To: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] heads up for selinux
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 18:27:18
1 |> sys-apps/stat (does anyone even use this?)
2
3 Just for reference, stat(1) can be a very useful app when tracking
4 down why things are not working as expected.
5
6 |> ... as we need to iron out the upgrade path, ...
7
8 Is there a good upgrade path from USE=-selinux to USE=selinux?
9
10 I've been compiling my kernels w/ it (for now with
11 CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_DEVELOP=y) but have not started
12 working on the user side of it.
13
14 I've been waiting for a useable general purpose box w/ fine grained
15 capabilities¹ ever since the capability bits were added to the kernel.
16 (I cannot even remember how many years that is now. :)
17
18 -JimC
19
20 ¹ Yes, I know there are not capabilities, but the grammer didn't look
21 right using 'capability bits'. :-/
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list