From: Lisa Seelye <lisa@g.o>
To: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
Cc: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] the mpg123 fiasco
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 15:49:54
1 On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 03:30, Seemant Kulleen wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > So, mpg123 has its share of problems, not least of which is its
5 > licensing. So, the proposed solution is to have a virtual/mpg123 which
6 > mpg321 will provide by default. I understand that there is one package
7 > which will need some patching (and it's being looked into -- the names
8 > of the package and the looker-into escape me right now, because my brain
9 > is made of swiss cheese) to work with mpg321 as a drop-in replacement.
10
11 I'm still wondering why I have to have mpg123 installed on a server with
12 no sound card.
13 --
14 Regards,
15 -Lisa
16 <Vix ulla tam iniqua pax, quin bello vel aequissimo sit potior>