From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] the mpg123 fiasco
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 07:31:28
1 Hi All,
2
3 So, mpg123 has its share of problems, not least of which is its
4 licensing. So, the proposed solution is to have a virtual/mpg123 which
5 mpg321 will provide by default. I understand that there is one package
6 which will need some patching (and it's being looked into -- the names
7 of the package and the looker-into escape me right now, because my brain
8 is made of swiss cheese) to work with mpg321 as a drop-in replacement.
9
10 So, if everyone is ok with it -- I will institute this change in about
11 48 hours. If you agree with this solution, please do NOT respond. Only
12 respond if you disagree (and please give a logical explanation).
13
14 thanks,
17 Seemant Kulleen
18 Developer and Project Co-ordinator,
19 Gentoo Linux http://dev.gentoo.org/~seemant
20
21 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3458780E
22 Key fingerprint = 23A9 7CB5 9BBB 4F8D 549B 6593 EDA2 65D8 3458 780E
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list