From: Terje Kvernes <terjekv@××××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild etiquette and problems
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 19:33:02
1 Jon Nelson <jnelson@×××××××.net> writes:
2
3 [ ... ]
4
5 > It's common practice to use || die with make and configure, why
6 > isn't it with other, just-as-critical parts of the
7 > unpack;build;install process?
8
9 lazyness, and the "this works"-attitude -- without concern for
10 external bugs, like partitions going full or physical errors. the
11 problem is that it looks horrid to include || die everywhere. if
12 we're planning on doing something like that it should probably done
13 via 'set -e' instead.
14
15 you do have a good point though, and I'll make an effort to
16 construct my ebuilds better.
19 Terje