From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bug #733802, USE 'scp' now defaults to off in net-misc/openssh
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 09:57:57
1 >>>>> On Sun, 26 Jul 2020, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > Definitely not a "heads up" on the mailing list - that is not an
4 > appropriate way to communicate anything to users - not even devs are
5 > required to read this list.
6
7 > The two appropriate ways to communicate something like this are
8 > einfo/ewarn/etc or news. Never hurts to use news. Ideally I'd point
9 > to a substitute, and I'd suggest one myself if I were aware of one...
10
11 Even more appropriate would be to enable the flag with an IUSE default.
12 The ebuild could still display an ewarn message pointing out the alleged
13 security issue.
14
15 Ulrich