From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bug #733802, USE 'scp' now defaults to off in net-misc/openssh
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 00:05:31
1 On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 7:40 PM Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > This seems like something that needs a news entry, or
4 > at least a "heads up" on the mailing list?
5
6 Definitely not a "heads up" on the mailing list - that is not an
7 appropriate way to communicate anything to users - not even devs are
8 required to read this list.
9
10 The two appropriate ways to communicate something like this are
11 einfo/ewarn/etc or news. Never hurts to use news. Ideally I'd point
12 to a substitute, and I'd suggest one myself if I were aware of one...
15 Rich