From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Default blank lines for error, elog, einfo, etc
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 17:09:40
1 On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 17:01 +0000, Duncan wrote:
2 > Joe Peterson <lavajoe@g.o> posted 485697D3.6070303@g.o,
3 > excerpted below, on Mon, 16 Jun 2008 10:41:55 -0600:
4 >
5 > > I am leaning more and more toward the idea of a neutral color for
6 > > eblanks, as this would indeed be trivial to code and it would make
7 > > output make more sense, especially for conditionals, but for other cases
8 > > as well.
9 >
10 > Yes, a neutral grey, as you suggested, makes sense. That'd cure my
11 > problem of visual separator as well, and as you said, would be trivial to
12 > code compared to the complexity of trying to figure out dynamically which
13 > color to use. I like it! =8^)
14
15 With flags/switches coloring is moot. One can always add a different
16 switch/flag to get a diff color line before or after any one section.
17 Which is easier IMHO, less logic in detecting and setting the right
18 color. Which is pretty moot per my initial thoughts. Which was just to
19 reduce size of ebuilds (slightly), write less code.
22 William L. Thomson Jr.
23 amd64/Java/Trustees
24 Gentoo Foundation