From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] .gitignore
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 15:04:53
1 On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 2:42 AM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 10 Aug 2015 08:28, Justin (jlec) wrote:
3 >> how do we maintain this file?
4 >
5 > like any other file. git add && git commit.
6 >
7 >> I like to propose to add the md5-cache into it. Which other files are of interest?
8 >
9 > /distfiles/
10 > /local/
11 > /packages/
12 >
13 > /metadata/md5-cache/
14 > -mike
15
16 Expanding on this: the rsync master creates the following
17 files/directories under metatdata. On my own system, I like to symlink
18 them to locations outside my repo so that related portage features
19 continue to work.
20
21 I would like to have these added in .gitignore.
22
23 metadata/dtd/ # used by something?
24 metadata/glsa/ # used by the GLSA utilities?
25 matadata/herds.xml # used by equery from gentoolkit
26 metadata/news/ # used by eselect news