From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] .gitignore
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 15:10:02
1 On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 11:04 AM, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Expanding on this: the rsync master creates the following
4 > files/directories under metatdata. On my own system, I like to symlink
5 > them to locations outside my repo so that related portage features
6 > continue to work.
7 >
8 > I would like to have these added in .gitignore.
9 >
10 > metadata/dtd/ # used by something?
11 > metadata/glsa/ # used by the GLSA utilities?
12 > matadata/herds.xml # used by equery from gentoolkit
13 > metadata/news/ # used by eselect news
16 As a side note, it probably wouldn't hurt to set up a guide for
17 running git on /usr/portage, including setting up these symlinks,
18 running egencache after emerge --sync, etc. I imagine that this is a
19 configuration that many developers will tend to use, and with the
20 advent of git we may see more users who tend to contribute doing the
21 same.
24 Rich