From: Kenneth Vestergaard Schmidt <charon@×××××××××××××××.dk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ethical Policy
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 12:39:09
1 On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 12:29:18PM -0600, Tod M. Neidt wrote:
2 > Unless drobbins feels the need to clarify his position to you, I'm
3 > afraid the information provided to you will have to suffice. If this is
4 > not sufficient, I have formed the impression (rightly or wrongly) that
5 > you would probably be more comfortable using and contributing to Debian.
6
7 In any way, if Portage is released under the GPL, and if the ebuild-files are
8 GPL, then if drobbins suddenly commercializes Gentoo people can always take
9 the sources and make their own Tengoo distribution. This is why the GPL is
10 a virus, and why it's a good virus.
11
12 /Kenneth