From: "Tod M. Neidt" <tod@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ethical Policy
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 12:30:33
1 On Mon, 2002-02-04 at 12:09, David Herbert wrote:
2
3 > ends. Gentoo 'appears' to have strong connections to IBM, which to me
4 > contradicts their .org status. These are some of many reasons why I think
5 > that if gentoo want to be a .org they need to explain who they are, hence
6 > the need for a social contract.
9 I think you might be confused by the existence of the gentoo.com domain
10 name. Please review this entire thread
11
12 http://lists.gentoo.org/pipermail/gentoo-dev/2001-September/006795.html
13
14 There can also be found threads in the archives debating the relative
15 merits and requirements of various licenses.
16
17 Unless drobbins feels the need to clarify his position to you, I'm
18 afraid the information provided to you will have to suffice. If this is
19 not sufficient, I have formed the impression (rightly or wrongly) that
20 you would probably be more comfortable using and contributing to Debian.
21
22 Best of Luck,
23
24 tod