From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 15:45:02
1 On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 10:36:13 -0500 (EST)
2 "Caleb Tennis" <caleb@g.o> wrote:
3 > > The issue was raised, with absolutely no proof or justification, and
4 > > every previous time said issue has been raised it's turned out to be
5 > > somewhere between highly misleading and utter bollocks.
6 >
7 > Let's assume that you are right, and that dropping keywords is not a
8 > proper thing to do.
9 >
10 > What's the proper fix for when keyword requests stagnate in
11 > bugzilla?
12
13 That depends upon whether the keyword request is important. If it isn't,
14 you wait for the arch team to get around to it. If it is (and
15 legitimately so -- we're not talking spurious "I want to remove this
16 old version that doesn't affect anything, that works fine and isn't
17 causing any problems beyond it existing" here), you ask the arch team to
18 prioritise it, explaining why.
19
20 > If the arch team in question was to completely disband and
21 > stop all keywording today, then you're suggesting the proper thing to
22 > do is to never remove the ebuild from portage that has keywords for
23 > that arch?
24
25 If that ever comes remotely close to happening then the issue can be
26 raised when it does. You might as well ask what would happen if
27 suddenly all the KDE maintainers disappeared.
30 Ciaran McCreesh