From: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
To: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
Cc: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] macos mess
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 23:45:34
1 Hi,
2
3 I've changed my mind. I'm not going to change the virtual file
4 semantics in the MacOS profiles to get repoman to stop complaining.
5 Instead I wrote a small (4 lines) patch for repoman which does the
6 folowing:
7
8 When repoman detects a macos-specific unsatisfied dependency it will
9 check the packages.build file, which on macos specifies the packages
10 that are injected as base system. (Packages.build normally specifies
11 what is in a stage1.) If the dependency is mentioned in that file, the
12 dependency is considered satisfied.
13
14 I wasn't able to test the file because I couldn't get repoman to
15 complain about macos on any of my linux systems in the first place.
16 (sparc64, x86 and ppc, standard portage .51_pre13). Not sure why, but
17 it ain't kosher. (My machines are on the net, feel free to ask for an
18 account and investigate) Lv got his portage to complain about macos
19 after patching it with the patch mentioned earlier in this thread.
20
21 http://www.metadistribution.org/gentoo/macos-support.patch for the
22 untested patch, I hope it illustrates the idea.
23
24 Best regards,
25
26 Pieter Van den Abeele