From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] macos mess
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 23:56:51
1 On Saturday 24 July 2004 07:31 pm, Pieter Van den Abeele wrote:
2 > I've changed my mind. I'm not going to change the virtual file
3 > semantics in the MacOS profiles to get repoman to stop complaining.
4 > Instead I wrote a small (4 lines) patch for repoman which does the
5 > folowing:
6 >
7 > When repoman detects a macos-specific unsatisfied dependency it will
8 > check the packages.build file
9
10 that's a pretty ugly hack
11
12 are you suggesting we do this with every new random arch we add that isnt a
13 standard linux port ? seems like an unintuitive workaround
14
15 why not push something a little more intelligent ... perhaps a new file for
16 portage to utilize in cases like this ... the profile has a special file
17 where you can define packages that are assumed to be satisified
18 -mike
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list