From: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] macos mess
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 00:21:33
1 On 25 Jul 2004, at 01:56, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2
3 > are you suggesting we do this with every new random arch we add that
4 > isnt a
5 > standard linux port ?
6
7 no
8
9 > seems like an unintuitive workaround
10
11 it's so far the most clean and simplest solution to a problem, that can
12 be removed when portage gets support for the featured integrated.
13 I've opened a bug a while ago and described it as 'persistent injected
14 packages'.
15
16 > why not push something a little more intelligent ... perhaps a new
17 > file for
18 > portage to utilize in cases like this ... the profile has a special
19 > file
20 > where you can define packages that are assumed to be satisified
21
22 I won't push, I'll code.
23
24 Best regards,