From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] USE conditionals in news items (GLEP 42)
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 12:49:07
1 Hello,
2
3 for the planned media-libs/mesa-7.11 stabilization, the default radeon
4 r600 driver changes from classic to gallium. Users who upgrade from
5 mesa-7.10 will not be switched automatically. I promised in
6 http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_225e87fe47a62b0591fb46ba4054798f.xml
7 to make a news item when that happens.
8
9 Question is, can I put the EAPI 2 USE conditional
10 "media-libs/mesa[video_cards_radeon]" in Display-If-Installed: or not? I
11 don't find any explicit mentioning. GLEP 42 (which predates EAPI 2) just
12 says "a dependency atom".
13
14 Possible answers:
15 1. If an EAPI is approved for use in the portage tree, its USE syntax
16 can also be used for news items.
17 2. Council must approve EAPIs for news items
18 3. A new GLEP or new version of the News-Item-Format is necessary
19
20 Your thoughts? Am I missing something?
23 Best regards,
24 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn