From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: The request to abolish games team policy
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 16:42:29
1 On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 12:24 PM, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > However, basically having only a single person that actively does such
4 > reviews + no official overlay makes it hard for contributors.
7 Is there still anybody left who wants to actually join the games team?
8 I suggested that somebody step up who was interested in a previous
9 email and did not get any takers. There isn't much point in trying to
10 break the logjam of people joining if nobody wants to join.
11
12 I don't have a personal interest in joining the team, but if there are
13 people around who want to join the team but don't want to deal with
14 trying to get the team re-organized I don't mind just helping to kick
15 things off. That said, somebody will have to be the lead (and it
16 could be the same as the current lead if the team so decides).
17
18 So, if you are just shy about posting publicly feel free to email me
19 with your interest in joining the games project and I'll see if I can
20 help mediate a little.
21
22 Again, this is just personal initiative and my main interest is trying
23 to constitute a games project that runs itself and doesn't need order
24 imposed from above. If I run into strong objections/etc I'll turn it
25 over to the next Council to deal with whether that includes me or not.
26 In the absence of objection, however (and nobody has raised any yet),
27 I don't see any reason that we can't try to add more members to the
28 team.
29
30 Rich