From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: The request to abolish games team policy
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 16:24:53
1 Samuli Suominen:
2 >
3 > On 09/07/14 18:35, Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov wrote:
4 >> В письме от Вт, 8 июля 2014 18:22:50 пользователь Samuli Suominen написал:
5 >>> It seems to me like people aren't making the effort of joining to the
6 >>> team and meeting the high quality
7 >>> ebuild syntax they've kept up...
8 >> Samuli! With all my respect to you personally, please, don't tell anything
9 >> about "high quality" of ebuilds syntax by the games team. Please.
12 > There are open bugs (non-ebuild bugs), sure
13 > There are sometimes wrong dependencies in old binary-only games which
14 > require special CD-ROM or other distfile, because that's
15 > when we rely upon users to report the dependencies
16 >
17 > But, the ebuild syntax is good as it's in eg. base-system, toolchain
18 > And games ebuilds are nice examples for people learning to write ebuilds
19 >
20 > So, don't know what you are referring to...
21 >
22 > - Samuli
25 I think my mail client is broken, so the previous mail had some
26 unrelated strings.
27
28 Anyway, I agree that there is a high standard and it might be harder for
29 inexperienced contributors to get their first games ebuilds in shape,
30 but it is doable.
31
32 However, basically having only a single person that actively does such
33 reviews + no official overlay makes it hard for contributors.