From: "Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)" <klondike@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: About the Qt 4.7.3 bump
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 16:16:50
1 El 11/05/11 17:43, Duncan escribió:
2 > Markos Chandras posted on Wed, 11 May 2011 15:27:48 +0100 as excerpted:
3 >
4 >> To my perspective, split ebuilds ease the integration of patches. You
5 >> can patch a single ebuild and not have to rebuild everything else. But,
6 >> when it comes to version bumps, I think it is more safe to bump
7 >> everything. Do note that we apply patches more frequently than we do
8 >> version bumps, so it is definitely worth the pain of having split
9 >> ebuilds.
10 > That was another reason given, and it still makes sense, as does the
11 > safety of bumping everything together (no revdep-rebuild issues that way).
12 >
13 > Thanks for the reminder. =:^)
14 Me be user. Me see that latest version of QT not in portage. Me open bug
15 to ask for a bump.
16
17 Not that all our users are stupid, but most of them don't know wether
18 things changed or not between versions.