From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: About the Qt 4.7.3 bump
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 15:46:02
1 Markos Chandras posted on Wed, 11 May 2011 15:27:48 +0100 as excerpted:
2
3 > To my perspective, split ebuilds ease the integration of patches. You
4 > can patch a single ebuild and not have to rebuild everything else. But,
5 > when it comes to version bumps, I think it is more safe to bump
6 > everything. Do note that we apply patches more frequently than we do
7 > version bumps, so it is definitely worth the pain of having split
8 > ebuilds.
9
10 That was another reason given, and it still makes sense, as does the
11 safety of bumping everything together (no revdep-rebuild issues that way).
12
13 Thanks for the reminder. =:^)
18 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman