From: Jeff Walter <jeff@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] unmounting a filesystem mounted by /init (initramfs)
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 03:11:12
1 Rafael,
2
3 I have no clue if this will work, but maybe try the -n option. The man says
4 that it won't write to /etc/mtab, but I'm hoping it will ignore it as well and
5 just go for the mount. Also, you'll be remounting / as read-only effectively,
6 so you won't be able to write /etc/mtab anyways.
9 Jeff Walter
10 jeff@×××××××.com
11
12 Rafael Espíndola wrote:
13 > I am trying to build a system that uses a unionfs as root. The init
14 > script is based on the one used by gentoo and uses initramfs. The
15 > problem is how to remount the unionfs constituents read only during
16 > halt.
17 >
18 > cat /proc/mounts displays /dev/hda1 (ext2) mounted rw in /memory. The
19 > problem is that /memory is no longer visible after the init script did
20 > a chroot and a
21 >
22 > mount -o remount,ro /dev/hda1
23 >
24 > says that /dev/hda1 is not mounted!
25 >
26 > does any anyone has an idea?
27 >
28 > Thanks,