From: "Rafael Ávila de Espíndola" <rafael.espindola@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] unmounting a filesystem mounted by /init (initramfs)
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 11:50:39
1 On Thursday 28 July 2005 23:50, Jeff Walter wrote:
2 > Rafael,
3 >
4 > I have no clue if this will work, but maybe try the -n option. The
5 > man says that it won't write to /etc/mtab, but I'm hoping it will ignore it
6 > as well and just go for the mount. Also, you'll be remounting / as
7 > read-only effectively, so you won't be able to write /etc/mtab anyways.
8 The halt.sh script copies /proc/mounts to /etc/mtab before trying to unmount,
9 so I think that this is not the problem.
10
11 Thanks anyway,
12 Rafael