From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Manifest issues in the tree
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:44:41
1 Dhruba Bandopadhyay wrote:
2
3 > Is there really a keyword in FEATURES called 'manifest'? It is
4 > certainly not documented in make.conf. Where is this declared?
5
6 It was in portage for a time, during the 2.0.48_preX series of portage.
7 It basically cross-checks every file related to that package against
8 the manifest. Coupled with the "strict" keyword, it makes portage
9 extremely stingy on md5summing files. A single mismatch like I'm
10 getting and it will refuse to go any further.
11
12 This is why I am wondering if 'manifest' may be buggy, or we have some
13 kind of minor corruption plaguing rsync somehow.
14
15 --Kumba
19 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world:
20 small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are
21 elsewhere." --Elrond
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list