From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 07:39:31
1 On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 21:35:52 -0600
2 Martin Jackson <mjolnir@g.o> wrote:
3 > The original topic of this conversation was about what to do about an
4 > arch that is obviously not as responsive as other arches. This is a
5 > concrete example of that fact, which you requested. This seems to be
6 > a topic frequently discussed here.
7
8 Really, I wanted concrete examples of where there was an actual
9 problem. Preferably lots of concrete examples, to demonstrate that this
10 is a systemic thing rather an odd one off issue.
11
12 > Who knows how long that request would have languished if not for the
13 > security bug?
14
15 Who knows indeed... Wouldn't the Council be better served with examples
16 where we do know? If there's a real problem here, surely it wouldn't be
17 that hard to produce an extensive list of examples? Ideally each
18 example would state how often the arch team has been asked, how long
19 they've had to respond, how clear it has been made to the arch team
20 that the issue is considered a priority and what the impact of the arch
21 team not taking action is.
24 Ciaran McCreesh