From: Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 23:35:51
1 Hi,
2
3 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>:
4 > > Who knows how long that request would have languished if not for
5 > > the security bug?
6 > Who knows indeed... Wouldn't the Council be better served with
7 > examples where we do know?
8
9 <URL:http://tinyurl.com/ypoxyg> is a list of closed security bugs where
10 mips is still cced. 163 is the total number, where surely some
11 duplicates can be found (PHP, Mozilla products), but we can assume that
12 quite an extensive number of packages which are vulnerable stay still
13 in the tree.
14 Normal policy is to remove all vulnerable ebuilds which is not
15 possible if a vulnerable version is the only one keyworded mips. This
16 would break an even bigger rule.
17 We are not here to accuse anyone but to find a solution to this
18 problem...and no, I am not in the (financial) position to buy MIPS
19 hardware nor am I really interested in having it.
20
21 V-Li
24 Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
25 <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode
26
27 <URL:http://www.faulhammer.org/>